Ahhh the last day of the weekend. I did get caught up on laundry and dishes. My sink overfloweth! :) I made Kalua Pork in my crock-pot and it was delicious. That will be my school lunch this week. All two days of school that is. I am grateful we have Wednesday off school. Since we are such a rural community most people have a long way for Thanksgiving. I also managed to get some house cleaning done. I have a lot more to do but I feel like I made some progress. My home is still in a "moving" state. Not quite sure where I want everything and I change the plan quite often. So it is still in transition. I did find my winter gloves this weekend. That was a relief because the cold has come to visit. On the up side by Thursday we are supposed to have a high of 50 degrees. That will make for nice Thanksgiving weather. My toes have been soo cold all week I am wondering when they will defrost. Luckily I also found the box with all my warm slippers. Gloves and slippers. The gloves are so important in the mornings. My hands hurt sometimes it is sooo cold. It is this time of year when I have to plan time into my morning for the car to warm up.
I am almost ready for the parents visit. The guest room is ready with electric mattress pad and many extra blankets. I really miss having a wood stove. This electric heat just doesn't warm you up as quickly. I have cleaned out my entire stash of pre-made lunches. I am hoping mom and I will have lots of cooking time. I have two soup pots and two crock pots. So If we prepped things well we could have 4 going at a time! Ummmm that may be asking too much of my wee kitchen. HA! I am just so glad to have a kitchen w/ all my kitchen tools.
No comments:
Post a Comment