Well....... One of my students left school today with a stellar case of head lice. Needless to say. I have been scratching ever since. I had the school nurse check my head just to help me chill out about it. I was free and clear. However, I ITCH! I am getting out the tea tree oil and will use it liberally. It isn't required that a student go home if they have head lice because it isn't a communicable disease. It's just annoying. I was relieved when the student was like I CAN'T STAND IT! The student made it impossible to do anything but send them home. Meanwhile I itch...everywhere. Hopefully, this is a responsible parent that will make sure home, car, etc is treated.
Sometimes it is really hard to be far from home and friends. There is a huge part of me right now that really needs to go give a pal a really big hug! I know we both need it.
Every day I learn from my students. Sometimes it is lessons that I wish I never had to learn. I sometimes forget how much they have learned since school started. I have to keep that in mind.
I realized last year I needed a little more balance between work and home. I haven't completely struck that balance but I am getting better at it. A few classes have came up as professional development. I have debated and debated taking them or not. I know I would learn a great deal. However, it takes so much time away from my students. Another one popped up this week. I am still debating. UGGH.
My neighbor's little girl pops in and out. One of the things she likes to do is come sit at my piano and attempt a tune or two. I am going to have to teach her a few things because she is going to insist on it. It is pretty cute. Since she knows her alphabet I know I can help her start.
Meanwhile.... I am taking my itchy self to bed.... g'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment