I interrupted yesterdays packing with a nap, then I went back to it. I found myself getting sleepy in that hot classroom. I yawned the whole way home. The nap felt great and it had cooled down just enough to be bearable that evening. The air conditioning is turned off on the weekends. When I left last night I had stuff everywhere. So I had to go back today. I boxed up some more and organized and stacked the boxes mostly out of the way. I have many papers to go through, and the classroom library isn't boxed up. I wanted to finish testing before tackling that. The kids have really been reading a lot when they have their work complete. I would like to see that continue, so I hate to box up the library yet. That day is coming VERY soon though. I did get a lot done, but there is more to do and it feels like not enough days in the week to do them, or hours in a day.
The art teacher has an "Art Club" after school on Monday. She asked me to do her "Art Club" tomorrow after school. I said yes! UGGH What was I thinking??? She was supposed to email me some notes, but never did. It will be what it will be.
When I'm packing boxes or doing some other tedious task I've been watching a very cheesy show. It is on Amazon Prime and it is called Corner Gas. It is a Canadian show set in rural Saskatchewan. It is very clean other than the frequently used word "Jackass." It has been entertainment that doesn't require my full attention, yet is a pleasant distraction. I can't say that it has great writing or clever jokes. It's simply amusing. Emphasis on simple. It captures small town interactions and dynamics in a simply amusing way. Anyhow, you get the gist of its simplicity. If you want to give it a watch please don't blame me for letting it suck you in.
I have a strict Facebook policy. If it brings drama into my world in any way, shape, form, or message. That individual is out. I was tested again. UGGH. It is for the most part a fun way to stay connected. If you take the fun out of it you're out. So, someone was out again. I might feel bad for a minute, but it will be a relief to not deal with it anymore. Some folks know no other way.
Tomorrow is the dreaded Monday. I'm off to prepare my coffee pot, my clothing choice, and my pillow. G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment