I woke up this morning with a terrible headache. I tried taking a nap that didn't work. So Then I started drinking water and kept at it. Even though we have had high humidity for us apparently I hadn't drank enough water.
I had to go out to school to at least get partially prepared for the week ahead. I'm not sure I am ready, but hopefully I have enough to at least get through tomorrow. Dad helped me do some rearranging in my classroom this weekend. After that I hadn't put everything away, so when I went back I had to work on getting it all put back together. Dad helped me get some projects done that I hadn't had time to do, and an assistant is a huge help.
I made another couple casseroles tonight and a pot of beef stew. I also cut up the ham I bought from our local FFA. I had put some of it in one of the casseroles I made. I diced the rest and will freeze it to use now and again in other recipes.
We've had a head lice outbreak at our school. They will not send students home when the nurse discovers they have it. They won't send them home if the parent says they have treated it. We have a "Super Lice" outbreak and usually one treatment isn't enough. Some people have to go get a prescription. It can be really expensive for families. Since it is not considered harmful to the health nor an infectious disease they feel that students shouldn't stay home. I am glad I work at a school with student cubbies this year. At least their coats are separated. I make them tie their coats around their waist if they get too warm during recess. Other teachers let them throw it into a huge pile. It is really frustrating that this is the policy. I might have to open up a Head Lice Clinic. In larger cities they have them. Anyhow, I keep my hair up and use some homeopathic preventative sprays on myself. Just talking about it makes my head start itching.
So No laundry done, but lots and lots of cooking. They are both time consuming, but cooking takes a larger consistent chunk of time. I'll throw some laundry in here and there as I have time.
No comments:
Post a Comment