Friday was Fair Day for the 4-H, Rodeo Club, and FFA kids. Monday was a day off for Labor Day. I didn't complete as much work as I'd panned on this long weekend. The smoke rolled back into town. Which makes my lungs work just a little harder to do anything. I did get the cabin air filter changed in my car for a more expensive one that filters out more. I hope it helps on my drive to and from work. I picked up some groceries, did laundry, and dishes. My travel coffee mugs are ready for another busy week. My student teacher brought in a K-Cup coffee maker. It is the totally generic Wal-mart brand, but it holds my travel mug perfectly. It's a keeper. I won't discuss where it is made. Now if I forget my coffee, I won't feel sad about that travel mug sitting full on the counter at home. Now and again this happens. I also took out the trash a few times, broke down boxes for the bin, and did a grocery pick up. There is rumors that around election time things could be hard to find on the shelves again. Sigh. I tried to think of the staples I use most of the time and make sure I have them on hand.
My asthma had made a huge improvement until the smoke came back. I did pretty well yesterday but today I am feeling it. I am just staying indoors today. The whole Pacific Northwest is supposed to get big winds going into tomorrow morning. That is a scary situation with all the fires going on. I'm sure those fighting them feel a huge sense of urgency. Scary stuff.
This afternoon I decided to put on a pot of soup. It's potato kale this time. I switch up the meat. Sometimes I get Italian Sausage, Kielbasa, or beef sausage with Italian seasonings. It seems to come out delicious with any of these. Today was Kielbasa. The soup is in the Instant Pot and when it is done, I will add the kale. During one of my shopping times this summer I discovered they have frozen chopped kale. It is for steaming apparently. However, it is perfect to throw in the soup. I can have it on hand and not worry about the quality at our grocery stores. Well, quality and whether or not they have it. Sometimes in winter I cannot find it.
Last week was so stressful and insane that I found myself not wanting to even think about work. I am hoping some of the drama will fall by the wayside as we focus on our students and their families. The moral at our school is at an all time low in huge part due to the micro-managing from our administrators. I think they needed to spend more time in the classroom teaching, before getting their admin degree. Neither one had experience in primary grades and they look at us confused all the time. They think they know, but they don't know. It makes things even more challenging. I've had many administrators and varying degrees of crazy. I can survive this too.
I need to go do some reading for my online class. I will be done with my Reading Endorsement in March. To think... I started last January with NOOOO idea how nuts the world was about to get. Then school closed in March, and I will finish in March. Will we be back to work with kids? I've no idea.
Whit- a very small part or amount. I had to remind myself of this words definition today. As soon as I read it I recalled seeing it in books. It's a fun word. I give not one whit for my administrators today. It works very nicely.
Well, I'm off
Good Afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment