November 10, 2010

Fireplaces, Snow, and Veterans!!

Thank you all Veteran's for your service to our country whatever, wherever, whenever, and however it was done... Thank You!! A small or great sacrifice matters not... just that the sacrifice was made matters. So Thank You.

So every fireplace I've started a fire in has a "personality" of it's own. As far as I know there is no perfect method for starting a fire. It takes lots of "fuel" and oxygen and patience. Sigh I must have been lacking in the latter. I tried, and tried, and tried to get a fire going the other night. With a little help from a fuel source found in everyone's kitchen I managed to get it going. I refuse to share my fuel of choice because I know friends and foes alike would be laughing their keisters off at me. It was very time consuming. I almost gave up on fire-starting. Alas, it was cold again and snowing again and I couldn't go without this house-warming device. Sooo once again I "started" a fire. So I am learning what works with my fireplace and tonight I managed to start it without any help from my kitchen. Very exciting. It feels wonderful. The snow is falling outside with enthusiasm and my toes are warm. Can't ask for much more than that.

I may have mentioned that I love snow. This has not changed no matter how many muscles I've pulled shoveling snow. It appears I am in the right place. This evening when I was walking home facing the setting sun... snow was just beginning to fall. The sky was fresh, blue, and pink. It's that color that you can't ever quite seem to capture with your camera. So our little town is hushed with a fresh blanket of snow tonight. Yippee. Since there is no school tomorrow I get to stay in my pajamas a little longer before facing the chill.

We had our family art night and messy art fun was done by all. I spent all free moments today not getting ready for art projects in my class but cleaning up after last night. We did a fantastic job spreading paint, glitter, etc all over the place. It is the art room so luckily none of this excites the Janitors too much. I just try to make sure the chairs are stacked and the trash is at the front of the room. Since some of my other obligations are finished more and more of my focus is going towards our Christmas Program. The students are getting excited and looking forward to making props to use with our song. Yay! The upper grades are re-writing a popular Christmas song and we've been working on it for quite a while. I don't know if I didn't explain it well enough or if they just didn't have the foresight to see where we were going with this. THis week though it seemed the gears clicked into place and they realized oh that boring stuff we did is leading up to some FUN STUFF! So that really made a difference in their attitude. Anyhow the next few weeks will be mad crazy preparing for all aspects of that. :) Well wherever you may be I hope your toes are warm... Goodnight

1 comment: