I can't believe it is the middle of the month. I feel like it is just going faster than I can keep up with. A storm blew in this afternoon with 50mph wind gusts. It was pretty exciting. Then the snow started coming down. I imagine I will wake up to snowplows in the morning. I am still getting over my cold. It was a doozy. I Didn't have much of a voice till yesterday. It still goes in and out at school. I was trying to sing w/ 2nd Graders today. I figured why torture us both with my singing and gave it up. They are getting there. This program may have singing that doesn't hurt my ears. The district nurse put out an alert today. So many of us have the cold or the flu. Parents are sending their kids back to school too soon and it is spreading.
Plans for our School Carnival are progressing rapidly. I wish I felt more energetic. Everyday I feel a little better so I will be accomplishing more soon. :) One Half of my shelves in my classroom have been built with doors and everything. It is SO Exciting to have room to put things away. I need to get the doors labeled now so that the students can help. I also need my room to not be the "storage" area for all extra tables. I have slowly gotten them out of my room. I have a couple left though. What is also cool is that my students have room to move. When I had upper grades in there it was so much more crowded. In years past the art/music room was twice the size of my room. So they crammed all that stuff into my room and didn't add any shelving. It was crazy. I don't know what this room will be next year but whoever gets it will be VERY excited to have the shelves. They are working on a counter-top with cabinets and a new sink as well. Sometimes I think I am getting this room set up just in time to end the year.
I can see the flakes still falling outside my window. I have a lovely fire going tonight. This weekend I am getting some R & R out of town. YAY! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. Sounds like the storms are happening all around... so wherever you are...drive safely.
No comments:
Post a Comment