August 26, 2012

Here they come....

Ready or not here they come! First day of school tomorrow. I worked most of last week and all weekend. I am starting way more organized than I started last year, but I still feel there is room for improvement. My classroom aide came in for awhile. She is barely pregnant, told everyone, it is a high risk pregnancy, and is hormonal as heck! She couldn't control herself at all in the professional setting so I can only imagine what she is like at home. Pray for me to have some patience. Generally the majority of my patience is reserved for my students. If you want to suck it away from me... you're way, way, down on the list!

I rearranged my classroom and I am much happier with it and feel like the students have more room. I also feel it is more functional. My aide is cranky about it. I think it is a much more workable plan for my students and that is what counts! I just want to improve on my skills every year. If you aren't helping me get there please get out of the way!

I tried to be optimistic after our school meeting with the staff and the principal. I am not feeling very optimistic though. Some of the things the principal had to say sounded good, some did not. The principal likened us to a group of people pushing a wheel. A wheel that has been sitting for a long time and takes the whole team to get any kind of movement. The principal doesn't want to hear about any impediments or obstacles in front of the wheel, we all just need to push. This was a little frustrating for me because we have staff members throwing speed bumps, and other obstacles in the wheels path. They constantly do this. If the principal doesn't deal with those people the principal is in the way as well. I will share more of the meeting later.

I am very excited to have my students back tomorrow. All the other stuff aside, they are the most important thing! They are why I keep showing up! One of my students in second grade this year made it to the national finals rodeo for kids! She is phenomenal! I can't wait to hear about their summers. I gave the students a 100 book challenge at the end of the school year!  I know a few of them made it and read more than that, but it will be interesting to find out about the rest. Of course the teacher's kids barely read this summer. That makes perfect sense doesn't it? How can you preach the value of reading and not have your kids reading? I don't get it! I am starting our first read aloud book tomorrow "The Red Sails of Capri". 

We have a cross country team this year but I can't seem to get a hold of anyone about cross country meets! Sheesh! Wish me luck! I will just keep asking until SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE, can tell me SOMETHING! I start my online class soon, have to finish getting my STEM project together, and well... I am signing off to hit the showers!  Wish me luck on the first day back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment