I've come to a couple of conclusions:
1. I need to have company more often so that I clean house more often.
2. That means YOU need to come visit.
Living in the boonies makes you start doing nutty things that you once saw your great aunts and grandmothers doing. Like saving twisty ties from packaging, and the plastic thing-a-ma-jigs from the end of the bread bag. You find yourself hoarding things because you just might need them, for something, sometime. Once in awhile you are glad you kept them but those occasions are probably a little rarer than what you think when you save them. I think I also find myself saving random used yogurt tubs and their lids because we don't have recycling here. Having been raised in a state that your recycling been is three times the size of your trash bin it is difficult. I could save my recycling and make a 3 1/2 hour drive to a recycling center. However, this last year I believe I made that journey a couple of times. So by the time I did make that journey my house would be taken over by recycling. It isn't very convenient or realistic.
I can share now that my parents are on the road and my Dad won't have an opportunity to read this before they arrive. I had a local bake homemade bread. It is Dad-Crack. I have butter and jam. Between that and RFDTV he will be completely content. Mom may kill be for buying Dad-Crack but I have to keep him going for a week!
I've been thinking today about my neighbor that I grew up with. I learned so much from her and I find myself wanting to call her once in a while. I will reach for my phone and remember again. I am soooo thankful I had her in my life. Once in awhile I can hear what she would say in my head about this or that. She is missed.
So, give me a call before you come so I can clean house... but you need to come... that way I throw out my stack of empty boxes! It's on YOU!
I absolutely want to come visit!
ReplyDeleteI'm ready you just have to get here! :)
ReplyDelete