June 10, 2013

Sandwich

Ahhh it begins to feel like vacation. I slept hard and long last night. I didn't get much accomplished today other than some unpacking, a visit to the book store, and a sub sandwich.  I will get antsy before long but today I needed to totally chill. I was carefully considering all of my dinner options and I went with a sandwich. Sounds kind of boring and basic but it made my day.

I found a few books at the used book store for my students. It is always entertaining to go into the store. They recognize me as the teacher that visits on her vacation so they always want to find out what is new. They are changing locations and I could give them some very sincere empathy about moving books. It really isn't fun. Finding new books is fun. Moving whole shelves of books. NOPE!

I got to open the case and see my new/old guitar. It has a very nice sound. It may not be anything special but it is fairly indestructable and strums a nice tone. I haven't called anyone yet or made any plans to visit friends. I am just chilling out. On our way home we did stop and surprise some friends. It was great to see them and chat for a bit. We always seem to miss each other and this time we were both in the same place at the same time and realized that someone was knocking at our door.  We also were served some ice water that  got me home.

I've learned something about cars this last year. Most lessons I didn't really care to learn. Today I found out that most alternators are not brand new but re-built. Luckily my alternator got me up north before giving up. I just had it put in in September. Luckily it also fell under warantee and it is getting taken care of quite quickly. Thank goodness this didn't occur in the middle of the desert in the heat of the day. Siggh.  When are they going to figure out teleportation?

I have a few plans to build some things this summer which I hope to post here! Hopefully my plan goes well because I really want it too. I've also been trying to figure out a way to clamp water bottles to the students desks. They are perpetually knocking them on the floor. Next year there won't be  nasty carpet to soak up the water. I have a couple of ideas involving PVC pipe. I'll let you know how that goes.  I haven't made a lot of plans yet mostly ideas. When I get another night of fabulous sleep...maybe I can change those ideas to plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment