April 23, 2014

Spring Break!

My allergies and I have been on the move since my break started. I am carrying my sneezes from town to town. I am over them and looking forward to them being over with me. Allergies can make you feel like you have a bad cold, or even like you can't breath. When they are severe it seems like your whole body is struggling to operate it is sluggish, and feels weighted.  Right now I have the itchy water eyes and skin. My nose constantly itches/hurts/tingles. I visited the dentist this week and warned them that a sneezing attack could occur. Luckily for both of us I managed to get through the appointment without such an occurrence. This is a fairly mild allergy time...but when it drags on for days it gets old fast. Also, when you are on antihistamines it does wonderful things to your digestion.  Okay moving on from my allergy whines.
I have gotten a lot accomplished this break visited with new and old friends.

 What is on my mind is the choices people make. I feel some people have multiple chances to live in the light. They may have a mental illness but not severe enough that makes them unable to understand right and wrong and their own insufficiencies. They may have enough to make life a struggle but not unwieldy.   If they choose the dark path to walk down it only gets darker. The lack of life there gives them a sickly sheen. They may have moments of acknowledgment of the edge they walk and still walk further into darkness. It sickens me. The impact it has on all the people around them makes me sad. These aren't people who lack choice, or lack the knowledge to stay out of the pit. Yet it fuels them in  a way that keeps them going. The cost for themselves is great and the cost for people around them can be high as well.  The choice was their own but many people suffer the consequences. The only way to keep apart from this darkness is to keep apart so your own spirit can stay clean. It is a sludgy stain.

Moving on to brighter cheerier things :). I have done a million errands, and visited good friends. We made a pot of soup and I grilled some chicken for mom's fridge.So she is stocked up for a little while. Pineapples seem to be in every store. I love a smoothing with strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple. Yummy! So I have a couple of pineapples. I didn't need to purchase two but that is a craving I can accede to. I've heard rumors that some folks way down south of the border soak their pineapple in chili powder. Ummm I don't think I could do that. I do like the pineapple though. I have some more errands to accomplish this week. When I have some down time I also have a stack of papers to grade and a curriculum to read.  I may fit that in somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment