April 8, 2014

Ssshhhhh!

I think I hushed my student's oh approximately a gazillion times today. Poor kids. They had to be quiet because all of the upper grades are working on their state test. It is painful to be so quiet for so much of the day. They even go to a different area for recess and they don't feel like they can spread their wings.  We are going to have to have some extra brain breaks tomorrow because they really felt like they suffered :)! Two more days of state testing for the upper grades.

We had a planning meeting today looking at the rest of the year. There are less than 30 school days left. It is sooo crazy to me. This year has flowwwwwwn by.  I am looking forward to our spring break. I think everyone is ... it falls so late here that by the time it arrives you almost can't stand it.   We have been working on data and graphs the last couple of weeks. The students have been plotting their own graphs. It has been quite interesting to see  them survey their friends for data to plot. It doesn't always make sense to me and we have to adjust but it makes sense to them.

We have a "Tattle Tale" monster in my class. I keep the "tattles" because they are gems! I need to remember to bring that home soon to share some of the best with you like this one  " Every day __________ acts like a bird!"     Today  " ______ told ______ **** and ****.  There was four stars written on the page. So apparently one of my students realizes that stars stand for bad words. I can only speculate what those words were. Maybe the student has been reading Beetle Bailey! I don't remember when I realized all those symbols stood for curse words when Sarge yelled at him. Anyhow, those are the tattle tales I can remember right now. Not all of them are entertaining some sound remarkably like my childhood " he's breathing on me" and the like.  Well I am off to find my pillow! G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment