It took me several hours after students and our luncheon yesterday to print all the "end-of-year" reports. It really shouldn't be this hard but it is. In part because we weren't every shown how to set the program up correctly so every time we go to print reports we have a brand new previously unknown issue. Sigh. In part it is a pain because we have a 21 step process we must complete to print a report. Does this sound a little nuts in the modern age? That's because it is. The person in charge of this software who is supposed to set it up to make it user friendly. Well they haven't done so. In part because it doesn't really impact their job. It is the biggest headache. If you want to hear some whining and complaining going on it is when we are doing these reports. I always start them with a buddy or two because I always have problems with it. Some of the kinks were worked out permanently by the Vice-Principal. She came by and helped correct some things that should have been shown to me in August. SIGH! Anyhow needless to say after spending hours on the reports I still didn't get my classroom cleaned up.
Today I went in and worked on the Cumulative Folders we must complete for every student. That took quite awhile mostly because I had not completed one in this manner before. I completed many of the things on my checklist for the school. I found out today that we were expected to have this all done on Wednesday. How? I don't know. With students we were supposed to complete all of this? Luckily they have been reasonable enough to understand that wasn't going to happen. I didn't see a classroom empty of a teacher today. The only teachers that weren't at school today were the support staffers like the special ed teachers who haven't had students for a few weeks now.
When I woke up this morning I was very congested and not feeling great. I went in to work and just felt worse. At lunch time I decided I would go get distilled water for my humidifier and take a nap. I woke up and there wasn't any change. I went to work for several more hours and felt worse. I had to run to the hardware store for a sprinkler I need that hadn't been unloaded from the shipment yet. Then I came home put on my pj's and have been resting. I finally realized this evening that I am running a little bit of a fever. I think the kids shared their bug with me. I am hoping a good nights rest and a few healthy meals I can get back on track to get everything done. Tomorrow is a Health Fair the county health department is putting on. I have learned to attend these for any needed blood tests. I can get a blood test their for 20$ that would cost hundreds at the clinic. So I need to attend that tomorrow.
We found out that our District is changing our health insurance again starting July 1st. On Monday I have to attend a mandatory meeting to learn about the changes. It sounds like our new insurance is going to be pretty pathetic. Thanks to you "Affordable Health Care Act" we can no longer afford to pay your insurance so we are finding a cheaper policy that really doesn't pay for your health care at all. Yay!! I am not the first person to be going through this across the country I hear of people that are going through the same things.
I am sorry if my grumpiness is overwhelming in this post. So I will end it on my laugh of the day. In my classroom sometimes to get my happy chatters attention I yell "RED ROBIN" Like in this commercial then my students say "yum". Usually the first time works but sometimes I have to do it a few times getting quieter each time to get their attention. They love it and it works. I have a mom volunteer that comes in with her four year old and he has heard me do this several times. She sent me a message today that her older two kids were arguing in the car and the four year old was sitting in the middle. Apparently he had, had enough and yelled out "RED ROBIN". I hope it worked for him I truly do! :)
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment