June 22, 2014

Vacation

It has been a wonderfully busy and relaxing vacation so far. Highlights were a trip to the coast with my mom and Aunt. I am so grateful to my Aunt for arranging a great relaxing visit for us. I even worked in a knitting lesson and a massage.  I went up to the woods with my dad for a day and didn't get eaten alive by mosquitos. According to Dad that is because my mosquito repellent smelled so strong any living thing was keeping their distance. I had some "all natural" repellent. It worked well until you worked up a sweat then had to reapply.  I didn't get a single bite so I am thinking it was beneficial.  We also had the time to go to one of my favorite restaurants out in the boonies. My parents have taunted me with their visits to this restaurant. It was finally my turn and just as delicious as I recalled.

I also had enough time to remember issues with going to the bathroom in the woods.
If you don't want to read about urinating in the woods...stop here!

1. I never put mosquito repellent on my butt cheeks
2. Is that or is that not poison ivy... what was that rule for telling if it is poison ivy? Something about three leaves... it doesn't have three.
3. I gotta go I'm going to take a chance that it is poison ivy. (I've never gotten a rash from it)
4. There are ants crawling up my leg... do I stop peeing and find another spot?
5. I left the t.p. in the car... WHY DID I LEAVE T.P. in the car?
6. Now my arse is stuck in the mosquito infested air until I drip dry.
7. I remembered the t.p. and now I must carefully balance it while I pee on this hillside and try not to drop it in the... too late.
8. I really hope I didn't just pee on my shoe... I'm sticking my shoe in the freezing cold stream for awhile.
9. Please hold onto the dogs leash while I pee in the woods even though it looks as though I need assistance I'm not sure the dog can help me.
10. Wet dog nose on butt cheek.... there is no choice but to squeal.
11. On the other hand... public restrooms can be much more dangerous... but that's a tale for another time.


I have eating a lot of yummy fruits this trip. That's the best part about this state in June. Yummm! I worked in a visit to Costco, staples, and other stores to stock up before heading back. I haven't gotten much school related work done and I am working on my online class. Mom and I plan to do some cooking and freezing this week. I also have plans to see some of my pals before heading down south for a conference.  Hopefully we accomplish everything on our list before I have to return. A colleague sent me a message that they would be working on class rosters. I said "Please don't tell me" I want to live in denial a little while longer. I do know of a few of the students I will be getting because the parents put in a request. Other than that I don't want to know :)! That stress can be saved for later. I am on VACATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment