The crazy continues. So our administrator continues to refuse to give us a schedule. The parents were quite upset their students would not be going to p.e., library, etc. So they posted a note on the P.T.O. site. All of the parents except for one were up in arms. The one parent proves time and again to be so nutty that there is no reasoning. This parent whined that they were "picking" on the principal. So they decided to remove the post. It merely stated the facts. Anyhow, perhaps in response to this the principal said "I didn't say you couldn't do those things, just not the first nine weeks of school, and not at a scheduled time, and not unless it pertains to the curriculum you are teaching." I could waste a lot of time getting creative on how the students need to move to understand place value. I shouldn't have to do that though. I don't think anyone would argue that kids need to get up and move during the school day. The schedule is an issue as well, since she refuses to create one I foresee issues. We try not to step on our colleagues toes and irritate one another. This will happen when we are supposed to use this weird online calendar to pick and choose our times to go. I could put something in at the last minute and they didn't check. It is just stupid. I don't know any job that doesn't have a schedule. With children we need to be consistent. Without a set schedule how is that possible. They want to know the boundaries, the times, and the schedule. sigh... Also, all of our p.e., library, etc is run by parent volunteers. Some of them use their lunch hour to come in and volunteer to help once a week. It is disrespectful to their time to not have a schedule.
So I got a nasty cold. When your daytime highs are in the 80's it makes it a little more uncomfortable. Everything you want to eat or drink is hot. Then you get too hot. So it goes lol! I didn't do much but stay in and do laundry and cook a bit. I made a form of hamburger soup, a casserole, and tonight I am making lentil soup. Since I've been fighting this head cold I was pretty generous with the garlic. It smells amazing. I doubled the recipe unintentionally. I soaked the lentils overnight and then realized that I didn't need the whole bag of lentils. Oops. I will have lots of lentil soup to eat. I took today off from school because I am still coughing so much. I thought one more day might get me there. I have some major "germophobes" in my classroom. Parent created of course. One little misfit walks around with hand sanitizer clipped to his belt loop. It is the new form of a pocket protector. Poor kid.
Tomorrow night is a board mtg. If I felt better I would probably go. Although, that is a pretty poor birthday gift to myself. Thursday is the P.T.O. meeting. It will be interesting to see if things have changed. I did some research online about my principals former positions in other districts. I wasn't impressed by what I found. It could prove to be a very challenging year.
No comments:
Post a Comment