October 17, 2014

Almost 9 weeks

It has been a crazy first nine weeks of school. Well next week is officially nine weeks. I wonder if I will ever have a year where the first nine weeks aren't nutty. Anyhow, our nutty new principal continues with her nutty "new" ideas. Such as no P.E., no computer lab, and no library. She keeps putting off the PTO on when this will occur. Our SPED department is a disaster and they are non-compliant on most IEP's. They are either out of date or not following what the IEP states. So it has been pretty stressful.  The parents and teachers finally "threw down" at our PTO meeting. School board members were asked to come.

What I expect to happen next is that the principal will try to paint a pretty picture that things are changing and will get done. She is an expert in b.s. (ahem). If parents don't see some changes and quickly. I think it will get pretty ugly.  So we shall see. I have an extremely disruptive student in my class and I am not alone. I have a couple other noodle heads that suck my energy. I am trying hard to stay positive and move forward. When you can't teach because of 1 student, and their classmates can't learn, well my hands are tied. The parents so far have been extremely supportive and they've seen what I am dealing with It is  tiring.  I hope that the parents stay strong and continue to demand a change. I feel like they gave it nine weeks and that is long enough.

I spend several hours at school today planning for next week and grading papers. The sea of papers never ends.  I will spend more time down there this weekend. I am trying to get some positive reinforcement things in place for the students. I think the rest of the class really needs some encouragement to keep going and working when everything is so crazy around them. SIGH! I hope I can keep them moving forward. I just have to hope that they really are making changes.  I don't like leaving work feeling defeated.   So I feel like the "rug" got a really big yank. I will have to see if any changes occur this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment