April 22, 2015

Self Talk

It takes a lot of self talk to make it to the end of the school year.  A lot. Seriously, A LOT!. It is a weird combination of things this year. The budget situation. The crazy rumors surrounding the budget situation. The crazy ideas on how to save money for the budget. That all makes me crazy. Working with incompetent people. Not having quality support. It is such a round-up of insanity. I normally don't do the countdown. I am counting down this year.  

Something that is just getting harder as an educator is the dysfunction students are living in. I know, I know, you think "everybody should do what makes them happy". UGGH. The worst type of thinking that our society seems to be encouraging in every way. There is a lot of propaganda strongly suggesting that these choices don't have a negative impact on children. DON'T BELIEVE IT! This is the big LIE you are being force fed daily. I am telling your all of your choices impact your children. If you are doing whatever makes you "happy" I guarantee it is impacting them in a negative way. It isn't all about being "happy". Do what makes you grow as a person, makes you content, challenges your brain. Don't focus on "what makes you happy." Seriously. What if "what makes you happy" is oranges? If you ate oranges for breakfast, lunch, and dinner would you be healthy? So my point really is that you need to step out of yourself and think of your child. Sacrifice some things that "make you happy" because if you don't you're sacrificing your child. That's it. Off the soapbox for the moment.

So it is the final countdown. I think I can... I think I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment