Another crazy week complete. I spent most of Friday grading papers. With a babysitting stint in there. I was able to get a lot graded. So that is good. My pile is a little less intimidating. Now they are graded I have to enter them in the grade-book.
Today I went and volunteered at our Bountiful Baskets Site. It was a lot of work helping to get 168 baskets filled. My muscles are feeling the lifting of the boxes of cantelope, watermelon, and bananas. I received some delicious vegetables and fruits. I have some cooking to do. Tonight I made a make it up as you go soup. I used one of my frozen olive oil and oregano pieces to start in the bottom of the pot. Added 2 cups of water and 2 cubes beef bullion. Then a can of fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced carrots, diced onion, diced, celery, some Italian Seasoning, and garlic. Then after all that had come to a boil and was simmering nicely I added a package of Quinoa Rotini Pasta. It smells amazing. That will be some good lunches this week.
I have some banana bread and zucchini bread to cook up. I don't know if I will get it all done and be ready for the school week but it is a good goal. I leveled some books today as well. I needed to put out some higher level books for my students. So I had that to work on.
Our principal gave us an extremely short time to pack up our classroom. We were told we weren't to take anything down or put it away because we need to "teach till the end." Well DUH! However, one weekend to pack up an entire classroom isn't fair. We have to take every single thing down and box it up and label it. Nothing left on shelves etc. We do have carpets that need shampooing so I suppose that makes it easier.
We had a staff meeting last week that made me want to beat my head against a wall in frustration. Nothing says I disrespect you as a teacher and place no value on your time like 1 1/2 hour staff meetings. I wish I was exaggerating but I'm not. I wish I could say we accomplished something but we did not. I wish I could say I learned something but sadly I did not. It was a soapbox rant from our principal. Since I have been attending the budget meetings and know what has been said and what has and has not been decided I really wanted to say ummmm WRONG! I managed to bite my tongue. Oh well I survived and there are 16 school days left with children. We have training the following week and then.... FREEDOM!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment