So far this summer has been super relaxing albeit HOT. It's been really hot! I picked mom up down in the BIG City and we were able to attend a really fun show. We also ate at a couple of great restaurants that the thought of them has me drooling. Mom stayed with me for a week and I was able to get a lot of things done that I just hadn't had time for. Luckily the weather hadn't turned to hot yet so we enjoyed our time.
Then I came up north. It was as though the stress of the year decided to hit my body at the same time. I had been complaining some of a painful back but it got progressively worse. It was like I hadn't oiled the engine and it seized up. I was able to get into the chiropractor a couple of times and even went for a back massage. Every day it improves a little more. I really need to take better care of myself next year.
I have been able to spend some quality time with my friends up here and it has meant a lot. I really needed that time with people who know me best. It helped me leave more of my crazy school year behind. I am looking forward to some more quality time with family and friends this 4th of July. It will be really amazing to hang with them.
Then I am heading back south for a National Conference for Educators. I was able to attend last year as well and the quality of this conference was superb. The most well known names in teaching the math curriculum I teach will be there. It is super exciting. Although I am NOT excited about how hot it will be there. I feel droopy thinking about it. It was interesting to talk and meet teachers from all around the country. Some of them are not as lucky as I am. My district is paying for the travel, food, hotel, and conference. A lot of the teachers who attend this conference do their own fundraising. I really admire their effort to get there and their communities for supporting their learning.
While I have spent time on prepping things for next year... I have also found time for a Netflix Binge watch. My current favorite... Death in Paradise!
No comments:
Post a Comment