November 12, 2015

Lice and Ice!

Generally after a storm here the weather clears away and we are left with clear skies and sunshine. That is exactly what happened this time. It became very cold. Well colder than it has been for awhile and my blood appears to need more thickening. Then again I did go outside today without a coat and didn't feel I needed one till I saw the temperature of 28 degrees.  It may snow more this weekend we shall see.

Update on the "Lice Propagation." They are thriving and well. Today my student with lice arrived back at school. The nurse checked him said "he has eggs but no live ones so we can't send him home." Sigh.... REALLLY BIG ITCHY SIGHHHH! So not even an hour later in his quietest voice otherwise known as his "Playground Voice." He announces "My head itches so bad I just can't stand it."  I say "Okay do you want to see the nurse?"  "YES!  I THINK THEY HATCHED!"  So much for any attempt to be discreet.  So off he goes. A few minutes later returns to get his backpack and leave for the day. I went in to ask the nurse at recess... and you guessed it they had indeed hatched.  Good times. Yes my itching continues.  We had a discussion about where to hang our coats. Not to share items of clothing etc. Then you see kids putting them willy-nilly and you itch and you scratch.

So we were discussing some upcoming changes with the law passed in this state regarding education. More and more is placed on the teachers. I feel the responsibility of my job. However, parents bear a huge portion of responsibility as well. Personal responsibility isn't a popular concept in today's society. I am beginning to understand why two of our current teachers are pursuing a degree in accounting.  Yuck maybe not... maybe wildlife biology. Hmmmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment