I had all of these good intentions of getting up early, leaving for work early, and getting a great deal accomplished before school. I got up early. Had an epic battle with my printer and lost. Left later than I'd wanted, but still arrived on time. We had snow so I had to take it nice and easy over the hill to work. I was going to attempt to print at school what I could not at home. The copier we print to was broken down. Mission failure. Sometimes you have to embrace the white flag and surrender. What I was trying to print part of it I needed today. Luckily I was able to make do.
Tonight when I came home I waged war with my printer again. I won this time. I don't know what confounded the printer but it was good and confounded. I do think that the idiotic new Windows had something to do with it. Every time it does a stinking update something stops working properly. I dislike Windows with great intensity.
We began our "Christmas around the world" rotation today. It is kind of fun having students from other classes. They were as chatty as mine are and apparently they learned something despite that because they had a lot to share with their teacher. You never know what they are taking in when they appear to not be listening at all. Our travels around the world continue until next week. I do this thing where we pretend we are taking off in an airplane to visit the country. The kids get such a kick out of this. They have a "passport" they get stamps in with every country they visit. It is pretty tragic when they lose a stamp.
Anyhow, I had plans to go to bed early. It is too late to be early, but too early to be late... so I am off to bed....
No comments:
Post a Comment