Christmas, New Year's, Back to Work!
I apparently have been too busy to keep up with writing on my blog lately. During my break I took a break from pretty much everything! I didn't grade a single paper(even though I'd planned too.) I did get some school related work done. I avoided bad roads and did a little after Christmas shopping. My first week back walking on the ice into school I did the ever-so-graceful banana peel style slip onto my behind. I was carrying two bags and only a couple of items fell from my hands. I've been sore but not bruised like you'd think. I did get my back out of whack a bit. I need to visit a chiropractor. It's been either snowing, raining, snowing, sleeting, hailing, snowing, or snowing since I came back from Christmas break. I think actually my last day of nice weather was the day I drove back. So that worked out well.
I was able to hang out with my buddies before going back to work. We haven't had a snow day yet but several delayed starts since school started again. It takes a lot of snow combined with wind to close school here. We have had testing going on in one form or another this month. The end of the month is Western Folklife Week. Next week we honor Martin Luther King Jr. The week after is Chinese New Year. Then a short break until Valentine's Day. That will keep things hopping.
My little buddy is hanging out with me tonight. When I picked him up he greeted me with a big huge smile! I asked him what the plan was. He told we we were going to get slurpies then he would play on my I-pad. He's accomplished his goals ;-)
Well I need to get some things done for tomorrow! ttyl
No comments:
Post a Comment