May 31, 2017

The Egg!

When good things roll in we must not forget to share. I almost forgot to share this. I made a fantastic purchase! Before I perorate on about this remarkable item I would like to remind you of another great book. It is one of my all time favorites because it is funny, honest, and somehow a snapshot of life that is real. The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald. It was made into a film and had a spin off T.V. show. The book is biographical and is about the life of Betty in the 20's. It is about her life on the Olympic Peninsula  as the wife of a chicken farmer. If you haven't read it get it on your Kindle now and prepare to laugh out loud! I think of this book when I think of eggs... which brings me to my purchase.

I bought a counter top egg cooker! It works perfectly. I tend to boil eggs for too long or remove them too soon. As I mentioned in this Mother's Day post.  I don't know if mom is using it as much as I am, but I love it! The eggs peel easily when you remove them. It turns off automatically when the eggs are cooked. I could probably even attempt a Deviled Egg since this little device came into my life. I think I have a mild egg allergy so I try not to over do it, but this makes me want to eat more eggs. Luckily, no one has figured out a way to make a Frosted Triple Chocolate Cake in a counter top device or I could have trouble.  I highly recommend this little egg cooker. I will probably will blather on about this again. You've been warned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment