Today was our field trip. We went to the local "marina" which is way to fancy of a word for where we went. We went to the local reservoir and learned about watershed. The state outdoor school is the folks who set it up and planned the lessons for the classes. They did a really great job! I was impressed by their organization and implementation. Every instructor reviewed some of the same facts so if nothing else I am sure they will remember that part.
It was a beautiful sunny day, but it wasn't too hot. Just the right amount of wind blew over the mountain tops and across our learning. We came back to school with a lot of pink cheeks and tired kids. Then the rounds of bathroom visits began. The teacher did not lose any kids and the kids didn't lose their teacher.
I came home and thought to myself "I am NOT making dinner!" I don't know what my neighbor upstairs is making in his kitchen, but if he keeps it up I am going to knock on the door and ask. Whatever it is it requires a lot of noise. He doesn't have light feet.
After, I ordered the pizza and my newspaper delivery person dropped it off to me. Yes, she has her a.m. and p.m. job. I have to admire her work ethic. Although she was horrified to see unopened newspapers inside my door 😏 oops! Anyhow, after all of that and a couple pieces of pizza I asked myself "Is 5:30 to early to go to bed?" I told myself that yes it was! It sounds like a better and better idea though. I will have to shower off this day and that will delay my sleepiness a bit.
We finished our day today taking our administrators their gifts for Admin Day. They seemed pleased by our simple but enjoyable gift.
The shower and my pillow....I hear them calling....
No comments:
Post a Comment