July 25, 2017

Temperatures were high!

I wrote this post...then forgot to post, so now I am posting! 😊

You never know who will show up to say Hello! It was fun to see some friends who brought us delicious, cold, smoothies on a really hot day. It doesn’t get better than that! It was great to catch up on all the news. We of course had to discuss our NCIS addiction. The original NCIS has lost a few of the players that made it great. They had unique, original, well written, characters. It has gotten a bit more generic and some of the richest characters have left the show. The new favorite is NCIS New Orleans. If you can’t create a “character” of great depth and intrigue with that city as the back drop well you lack talent. So yes, It was great to get caught up!!
I also was able to share my latest Gerry Brooks-Lexington Principal videos with them. This guy really understands teachers on summer vacation. It’s not that we don’t love kids, we do, but to keep loving them we need breaks!


Mom and I considered a drive over the hill today but then decided going to a city with even higher temperatures didn’t sound like fun. Even with the shopping available. It just didn’t seem worth it. I have almost caught up on all my favorite Netflix Shows. I don’t know if it is working with kids but I have less and less ability to watch gratuitous violence and language. I think our humor has sunk to some serious lows. The dramatic shows are giving WAYYYY to much insight into people lives. Maybe I just experience enough heartache with my students that I want to just be entertained. I don’t want to be preached at, hear lots of cursing, or violence. If I need that I’ll start watching the evening news. So my requirements are simple. I want to be entertained and escape into a characters world. Some of the shows I have to mix them up a bit because I begin to predict a pattern. It is like reading a mystery book series if you continue reading the same author’s book right after one another you can start predicting the outcomes based on previous patterns.  So my favorites on Netflix at the moment are Midsomer Murders, Death in Paradise, Hinterland (a little dark),  Shetland,  and Sherlock. I’ve caught up on all but Sherlock. I attempted a couple of comedies but the humor was crude and gross  and lacking intelligence or any insight into human behavior in a funny way. I gave up on the comedies. It is nice to have the time to relax and read for pleasure and watch something entertaining. 


Sad news today one of my student’s younger sibling passed away today after a tragic accident. Please say a prayer for all who loved him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment