I don't know if I am fighting a cold or allergies again. I just know they are back with a vengeance. I doubled up on my allergy pills. I am doing all of my sinus related tricks that have been known to help me. I might be alone on this, well I am most likely alone on this, but I cannot wait for snow. I breathe easier and my sinus activity is reduced. LET IT SNOW.
We are supposed to get some rain soon which will help. I spent about 5 hours at school yesterday prepping for this week, catching up, and getsting a wee bit done for weeks ahead. I could've spent 5 more hours and wouldn't be done yet. I just keep on keeping on.
My upstairs neighbor I call Fred Flintstone. He walks with heavy feet, he is heavy handed in everything he does. He slams all doors. I really don't know how he manages so much heavy-handedness but he excels at it. I am thinking he would not be a good hunter. The whole forest would be alerted to his presence before he even entered it. I am glad we have similar working hours or he'd wake me up all the time. My snoring neighbor moved and he is not missed.
I am attempting to catch up on my laundry and do a little house cleaning. I have also been working on my Christmas present for my class. I bought clipboards for my entire class and have been personalizing them with their names. We also have student presents we make every year for parents. I am not making the one we did last year. We are talking about some kind of candy cane ornament and probably something else. Not quite sure yet.
I was watching an Scottish Parliament Committee on phonics. It is interesting to me because it seems to be like we are doing a disservice in teacher education schools across the world. We should all be teaching synthetic phonics. It is research based. It makes sense. It works. Drives me crazy we do not give teachers the tools to teach phonics. I found it interesting, you may not. If nothing else you get to hear some fun accents!
No comments:
Post a Comment