February 25, 2018

Coffeeeeee😝

I am attempting to like coffee. In part because of the benefits of its antioxidants. It isn't good. It is nasty, and bitter, and nothing is delicious about it. Everyone keeps telling me "You just have to get GOOD coffee!" Ummm the problem with that is...it all tastes the same to me. The only upside that I have discovered is that on a cold day it does warm you up. Yeah.. I will keep mints in my desk to decompose that nasty coffee flavor in my mouth.

I had to go in to work this weekend to prepare for another week and to complete progress reports. I was able to complete the progress reports, but I'm not quite ready for the week. I'll get there. My classroom was getting colder and colder. The H-VAC system blows cold air in the winter and hot air in the summer. At least in my room it does. In other classrooms it blows so much hot air they are melting. We are supposed to get a new H-VAC system this summer. I hope it works.

I have a major challenge with a student this year. We were making good progress and suddenly started going backwards. Way backwards. I am so scared of the outcome for this child. Everyone keeps telling me there is a reason why I am his teacher. I think it might just be to have compassion for those people attempting to love and raise this student. They get a lot of judgement and there is NOTHING easy about it.

It finally started acting like winter here the end of February. I don't know what March will have in store for us, but hopefully more wet weather. It has been quite cold. The wind blows over the snowy mountains with such a chilling effect.

I volunteered without thinking things completely through...( Silly me. Sigh...) to tutor a student. I will get paid for it, but it adds more work to my plate. Hopefully, I can help this student to make some growth. This week is Read Across America Week. It always falls around Dr. Seuss' birthday. Our visiting author comes tomorrow. I am excited to see his presentation. The PTA is providing lunch tomorrow and so that takes one thing off my list! Well I need to do a little laundry and get ready for the week. G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment