It has been so hectic I've been attempting a day at a time and sometimes an hour at a time. I don't know how I did everything this week and I don't know how I will do it all next week. I am feeling spread pretty thin. Next week has ended up being booked more than I could imagine.I have my formal observation on Monday. Babysit Monday night. Student teacher starts in my classroom on Tuesday. Wednesday a Watchdog Dad spends the afternoon with me. Friday evening we have our annual school dance called the "Bobcat Boogie" and I have to help prepare and attend to a "Selfie" booth. This all means more preparation this weekend. What will I teach for the principal, what will I have the student teacher do, and what will I have the dad do? WatchDog Dad's are Dad volunteers, they usually are out on recess duty and do other jobs as needed. Sometimes it doesn't work out because the dads get the students all wound up and I'm like ACCK we have work to get done lol. I didn't always like how it turned out in the past so I want to be sure I give the dad something to do! Lesson plans must be tweaked.
My students read their poetry for parents who were able to attend today. They wanted me to perform a poem. It was pretty funny they thought I had the ability to whip one out from my head in ten minutes! I abstained and told them it was about them today. I told them their parents came to see them NOT me.
I attended a poetry session in town tonight and will attend a musical session tomorrow. I also have dogs to feed and errands to run. I need a gofer! I'm not sure how to get me one of those... I'll work on it.
Have an amazing weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment