May 18, 2018

Eyes, Parties, 2028

I don't know where to begin. Maybe my eyeballs. I was just desperate enough to use a defective bottle of allergy eye-drops that I got out the pliers to squeeze and turn that sucker open. My eyes itch. Although, (full disclosure here) I am  not sure how much of this itchiness is psychological. One of my students came in after recess and said "The school nurse said I might have pink eye and I shouldn't touch my eyes or anything else.)  Pink Eye has been running rampant at our school this spring. I am thankful for our janitor that takes his scrubbing of desks so seriously that the finish is coming off.   Anyhow, I used the eye-drops. If nothing else it makes my brain feel better 😆! "Get the wipes we are going to scrub desks!"   I heard this in the classroom: "Why does she want us to scrub desks?" "I bet someone picked their nose." "Shes asking people to wash the chairs too."  "I wonder who has germs?"   You all have germs you little carriers! HA HA! Anyhow, they never seem to mind scrubbing desks.

I also had a long dissertation from a parent as to why they would not be returning nor purchasing Spring Pictures. State law statute was quoted to me with the correlating number. The poor office on Monday when she comes in to tell them off as well. Not our Circus and not our Monkeys. Contact the company lady!

I also had another crazy experience today.  As a result I had to make an awkward phone-call and send an awkward e-mail.  It is a good thing I am not a drinker because I think Happy Hour would be my friend. I can't say more than that, but it was a doozy.

What else. Oh yes. I have a lovely backdrop covered in graduation caps. I took my students pictures in front of it. A little sign near them stated  "Class of 2028." Then they held up a sign in which they completed the sentence  "When I graduate I want to....!" Last year the best one was "Work at McDonalds."  My funniest this year was "Have a big party."  It is good to see a couple of achievable goals. One little girl said  " I want to graduate, go to college, and then get a job." I liked that she was thinking about the job part.  My huge challenge said they wanted to be a "Police Officer." In my head I was thinking "I bet you will meet some." Bad Miss C. Bad  Bad Bad. I didn't say it out loud. Do I get points for self control?😁

What else.... Oh yes. before we did that part they drew Self-Portraits in 2028 in their caps and gowns. Well... one of my students said " You won't be class of 2028... You'll be the Grandma of 2028. I said "no I won't be." then they said oh yea no you won't "You don't have kids."  They then looked a me with sad eyes. " I told them, It is okay. I will be your Grandma in 2028 and you can come visit me and I will make you cookies."    Kids lol

This time of year is ROUGH. Especially when the lamination has all been used up and you might have to go to OfficeMax. UGGH  The kids are tired and over school, the teacher is tired and over school, and everybody needs a break.

Sad news in Texas today. People keep saying enough already. Well... until people change their priorities... it will happen again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment