When you have an opportunity to see our POTUS I think you should. Regardless of who is in office. This is my 2nd time having the opportunity to see a POTUS. I've also personally met one Vice-President. Did I agree with every one of them and their politics. NOPE NOT AT ALL. However, I do have respect for that office and the process that led them to be in office.
I wanted to see the spectacle. I wanted to here the words he said in person. Unfiltered by any media. It was very interesting to compare my impressions to how the media tweaked them and interpreted them differently. It was fun, the audience was respectful, and the TRUMP was exactly what I expected.
The security was a extremely impressive. At a level I have never seen nor experienced at any event. No stone was ignored, no hilltop, no valley, no person. It was fascinating to see how the whole event was put together. However, I am sure there was a whole lot more going on that I couldn't see. It was interesting to see Air Force 2 fly in and fly out.
Overall, I am very glad I attended. I wish that I'd put on some sunscreen. I wish that I had NOT put chewing gum in my mouth before I went... 4 hours later it was disgusting. I am GLAD I did not drink a lot of water beforehand... Port-a-potties for crowds are not my thing. I'm glad I put chap-stick in my pocket. We were not allowed to bring much in with us. I am glad I left my jacket at home and was chilly for the first hour and not carrying my jacket the rest of the day. I'm glad I stopped and bought sunglasses.
I've been drinking a lot of water to recover from my day in the sun. It was a long week at work that I needed to recover from. I am pretty much out of gas today. I did get a load of dishes put in and a load of laundry. I should've gone to school today to prepare for my week. I didn't. There is some I can do from home. I am being observed this week for my evaluations. It will be good to have that done. We also have one day where we visit the Firehouse just up the street next door to our school. That will be exciting. Last week we had Picture Day, School-Wide Picture Day, and the Great American Shake-out Earthquake drill. I think They learned things last week... Oh MY! We also have this FRIDAY OFF to celebrate our Statehood.! WOOT. I have a three day weekend to prepare my mind and body for HALLOWEEN WEEK! We have our "Water-shed" field trip to the "Marina" a local reservoir with nothing marina like about it. We have our Halloween Party. I just don't even want to... HA HA. Kids on Candy! It is dangerous times at school. LOL We are either flying on our sugar high or crashing on our sugar low. If you have kids just bring the teacher extra caffeine that week.
Busy Days are ahead. I am glad I took the opportunity to see our President in person. I highly recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment