I went to a class I signed up to take the next couple of Saturdays. I was really enjoying it. Then my eyes started watering, my nose started running, and I sneezed and sneezed. It was hard to follow along through all of this. I did learn a lot despite my allergic reaction. The problem was the classroom it was in the teacher had a diffuser running. That particular essential oil, apparently isn't my groove. Once I react that strongly it is hard to come back from it. That wasn't much fun.
The class was very informative and a lot of fun. Our school district has Google For Education and we do almost everything through Google. It has a lot of options some of which I knew of or had attempted and some which was new to me. I did extend my learning on most of it. It is fun to make things more interactive for my students. We have Chromebooks at all of our schools as well. My students get them a couple of times a week. Middle and High-school are assigned Chromebooks they even get to take them home. I am very interested in what I've learned and how I can apply it. The problem is... WHEN DO I DO THIS??? I over extend myself. Next Saturday we work on more of the interactive part of this. Then there will be a 2nd part to the class in May.
In every class or training I have been in. There is that ONE person. WITH NO background knowledge. For some reason I find this super annoying with adults. I guess I expect educators to attempt to learn some things on their own and not wait for a class. When EVERYONE is WAY above them in their knowledge I think to myself. Oh you've been avoiding learning...even when you've been shown how. It is a strategy that works for awhile. Eventually though... you just have to figure it out.
I came home and debated nap or dinner...dinner or nap. I had a little nap then contemplated dinner. I decided to run down the street an pick up a take-and-bake pizza. That is being cooked now. Then I am going to work on laundry and cleaning house.
G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment