Experiment:
Instant Pot Beef Stew...
A conglomerlation of recipies. (untested and not approved)
2 pounds Stew meat cut into smaller chunks! (Your spoon should be able to hold the meat)
Salt & Pepper (about a tsp of each)
2 tbsp Flour
1tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp butter
Beef Broth 2-32 oz containers
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp Italian Seasonings
1 Cup chopped onion
1 Cup Chopped celery
1 chopped parsnip
1 Cup Chopped carrot
1/2 pound cubed potatoes
Bay leaf
Mix flour with onion powder, italian seasonings, salt, and pepper. Dump in the meat coat w/ flour. Brown the meat in butter or olive oil. (you can saute the meat in the instant pot or in a pan if you saute in the pot watch closely and you will have to remove the meat to saute the onions and carrots.)
In instant pot line bottom w/ olive oil or butter to prevent burning. Pour in beef broth. When meat is browned dump in broth. Saute onions, carrots, and garlic. Dump in broth. Add parsnip, potatoes, and celery. Mix in Tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
Turn your instant pot to the Meat/Stew setting and press start.
Then go clean up all the carrots and onions that flew around the room as you were chopping vigorously. If you hear "OH MY GOODNESS" after you left the kitchen you may have left too much of a mess or every cupboard door open. One can never tell for sure. Put the dishes in the dishwasher. If you don't have one and you used every bowl in the kitchen... well Bless your heart.
Now as far as you know NO ONIONS WERE USED in the creation of this stew!
Had to type this up before I forgot how I made it. I might want to make it again... or never again.
I will let you know.
Tomorrow is Cowboy Beans and possibly Potato Kale soup for mom. I don't think mom will be making Beef Stew. This recipe may have contained too many steps. If she does make it she will simplify it in ways I could never dream up... and it will probably taste good.
✴✴✴ Update: I forgot to add a bay leaf or 2 to the stew. Mom approved Beef Stew. I ate it I enjoyed it. I can't say for certain if it was "good" ! My head cold has interfered with my tastebuds. Mom ate it, asked for more, and declared it "Delicious"! ✴✴✴
No comments:
Post a Comment