I know not to drink coffee after noon. Yeah I did it anyway because well there was a Dutch Brothers, and I wanted to stay awake on my drive back after my dentist appointment. SO NOW I AM WIDE AWAKE. I watched a little of my newly discovered favorite show. I ate a snack. I drank some water. I put dirty clothes in the laundry. I found myself going in circles. So I decided to go through some things. A friend up north is having a yard sale. I think. Maybe. I kind of "voluntold" her and she agreed. I have a lot to contribute. I was pretty ruthless. It was nice to have the time to focus and go through things. I hope I have a little more time to go through more.
I also have school stuff that came out of my car for my drive to the dentist. Now I need to go through that and organize it a little....okay a lot better and take it to storage. It is an odd mix of odds and ends from the last bit of packing up of my classroom. It wasn't packed with thought to order or organization or anything really. It was just throw that in a crate or a box and toss it in the car. Yeah...those last few items on the last day of school are randomly put together. Organizing those and repacking them will make some room in my house. Then I can take them to storage and start making space in my car for my "Yard-sale" stuff.
I have random projects to work on this summer that I will take up north with me. Yep the laminator is making the trip. Yep. Always more laminating. Sorry Dad.
I have a huge pile of laundry that is growing by the second. I haven't taken the time to fold and put away. One step at a time here. I visited Costco today and the ladies handing out samples had nothing very delicious to offer. I ignored them. My dentist visit was fantastic. The staff at this office clearly love where they work. They were happy and funny and simply delightful. I wasn't tempted to place a "Where's Waldo" poster on the ceiling tiles to alleviate the boredom. I simply listened in to the banter.
What else? I scheduled my next Dental appointments and my six month check up with a little more thought. I had to consider when school starts, when holidays are, and winter weather. I decided on Mondays since the dentist is closed on Fridays. That way if the roads are bad I can drive the day before and take my time. Then I can treat it like a mini-vacation and get a hotel. Costco, restaurants, Hobby Lobby, Dutch Brothers, and the Dentist are in the same general area. That makes it easier to get around because I am still unfamiliar with the town where my dentist is. While I did do some quick shopping and had a delicious lunch. It was pretty much a drive up and drive back trip. I might have to make some connections to people I know in the area next time.
My random thoughts for today. Everyone has insecurities that don't make sense to others. They are prideful in ways you or me may not even notice or care about. I was thinking I have two friends. One visited my home state a couple of years ago. I gave this friend a lot of suggestions that their family could do on their trip. They did quite a few of them, loved them, and are discussing a return visit this summer. Another friend I have is considering making a summer trip to my home state. I offered some suggestions and I was shut down. I stopped myself. I realized this person wants everything to be their idea. It is their insecurity. I have seen it time and time again. It is very tempting to share my ideas, but they weren't asked for and this person doesn't want input. It doesn't make sense to me. I guess my point is sometimes we have to step back, because for whatever reason that is something they are prideful about. We can think its weird, crazy, ridiculous, but we also may have some area of sensitivity that doesn't make sense to them. It really ends up coming down to respecting others boundaries. We have to recognize their is one first and let it be. Yep... everyone is special in their own way. Or beautiful... you take that up with Ray Stevens! HA!
Welll... I am going to drink a little more water and see if the caffeine has worn off enough that I can Slllleeeppp.
No comments:
Post a Comment