I had several missions I wanted to accomplish this summer.
The first being surprising my parents with a 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration. Despite a couple of people almost spilling the beans we allll managed to keep it a secret. They were surprised. They weren't sure whether to kill me or hug me. Mixed emotions. In planning that I attempted to keep them distracted while working on projects for school.
My second mission was to get things printed and prepped for school and I did accomplish most of that. There are a few more projects I'd like to do, but we shall see what happens with the time I have left.
I also had to get to the dentist. I managed that, but have to go back soon for another part of that. I found a great dentist up north. Which is helpful because it gives me a reason to get out of town and hit up Costco, Hobby Lobby, and Dutch Brothers once in awhile.
I really wanted to get my refrigerator defrosted and cleaned. I unplugged it today and went through its contents to see what could go out to the trash and what could go into the cooler. I am very close to being done. I am just working on whatever the sticky stuff that ends up at the bottom of the fridge and turns to a rock. Yeah... that stuff.
My next goal is to clean my house. Before I headed up to my parents I tore through all my stuff and got rid of a whole bunch of things. I left it to head up there and it's still all over the place. So I want to get it all cleaned up before the madness of the school year starts.
Speaking of the madness of the school year, we did receive an email this week. They are not ready for any of us to move in this week. We should receive an update next week. The contractors have to pay the district a certain amount every day they go over the contract. Which I think was up August 1st. So I suppose now they are calculating how much it costs to have union workers working overtime to complete it. They need to get it DONE! So we can get in there and get ready for the year. I plan to finish my house this week then focus on lesson planning. I can do that without being at school.
We are also impatiently waiting for them to get the school website up. It is like we don't exist right now. Which makes it hard for signing up for things that I normally do for the school year. Always waiting on something... you'd think I'd have more patience. My previous school is not finished with their renovations either so we are all waiting.
Well, I am going to try to scrape some more goo off.... G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment