August 6, 2019

Waiting...

Still waiting. I also had to wait for the Power Washing of the breezeways to be complete.  That is done today woot. I felt bad because apparently some folks were out of town and their bicycles were in the path of the power-washing. I know my landlord would have tried to contact them, but so it goes.

I was hanging with my buddy today. He had a new circuit building kit, and we spent part of our afternoon putting them together to generate sounds, lights, or a fan. It had a brief explanation of what they were to read to him, which was mostly over his head. I don't think he understood the "Why?" and it is too bad this kit didn't explain open and closed circuits a bit. Even so we learned about laying things out on a grid and the x/y axis. He didn't quite get that was what he was learning, but he will see it again and that is great background knowledge. We had fun! We also drove down to the Maverick. You can't simply call this a gas station convenience store. If you've been to the Maverick you know what I mean. They get better and better. Anyhow, we drove down their to buy  slushies or slurpies. You choose the noun. Anyhow they hit the spot on another HOT day.

I had a long visit with  a colleague tonight discussing our patience and lack of  patience while waiting for our new building to be complete. Her husband did drive by this evening and  the road to, driveway, and parking lot was complete. The playground was done and landscaping was being worked on. As far as the indoors he said the doors were wide open and there was lots of people working and stuff everywhere. If I know anything about completing a job it is that one must make a mess to  get to the end goal. I am hoping there is some overtime going and they are getting it done. I continue to wait.

We wish our principal was communicating a little more. Maybe sharing details of our schedule so we could do a little planning at home. It is hard to set up your day when  the only details you have is  this is when school starts and gets out. There are a lot of hours in there to fill up with specials classes, lunches, and recess.  I did do a little lesson planning with the knowledge that I  will have to move things around.  We started listing questions we have regarding the first couple of months of school. I'm not sure this was productive, but it did make us feel better to do something. 

I have to head north the beginning of next week for a dentist appt. Hopefully, that isn't the day we are told we can go in. Oh no... that would be my luck!

Mom and I were talking this summer and after someone helped us, and their was a cost to them. I am not talking about dollars here. She said true friendship has a cost in sacrifice.  Simple lesson, but too true.  Thankful for those true friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment