I am having fun and I work with some great people who are willing to identify their own areas of weakness and improve on them. They are swallowing their pride and seeing what they can do. I really admire that. So I must do the same. This is going to be a continuing project that I will share more about later.
So I ordered a cord of wood this week and it should arrive in the next couple of weeks. The conversation with the "woodsman" was a brief one. It wasn't an exchange of information as much as squeezing it out like the last bit of toothpaste in a tube (when you haven't a new one on hand). It was arduous, and entertaining. I can hardly wait to meet him. I think his time spent in communication with others has been limited for quite some time. So you want to be a Woodsman?
I am still learning students and the faculties names. Just when I think I know them someone calls Mrs. So-and-so by her first name and I have NO idea who they are addressing. Our names are posted next to our doors with our first and last names. I think I prefer students learning the formal, polite, way to address their teachers. Not that any of them call me by my first name. I don't know maybe that is silly... That sign is probably more for parents than students because they just walk to the door they are supposed to go to. In my case it is Number 5. I just figured that out the other day. It is handy to know when your computer dies and you are supposed to be able to put in a work order with your room number on it. I like Room number 5 so far. It's cold, It's small, and is unattractive. It is my room though and none of my neighbors can hear really awful singing coming out of it. So my students can really rock out once in awhile. Whenever they insulated the building they did a good job :)!
That's all for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment