October 26, 2010

Spread thinner than... a layer of phyllo for baklava

Every single time I THINK that I might get ahead the bell tolls and the day is done. Well thank goodness that I have to sleep. Doing projects while sleeping doesn't help one to wake up feeling rested. It is getting close to the Holiday's so in a small town that means a lot of events. It also means the need for A LOT of volunteers. So where do they come to ask for them but places where people gather... like a school... and then you ask the NEW person because well they are NEW and shouldn't say NO to our wonderful activity. AAAACKKKKKKK! Yep so I will add another one to my list and I'm hoping that the Students can infuse me with enthusiasm.

The next art project we are working on is based on the Polar Express. I decided that most grade levels will be participating. Hurrah! So at varying degrees of ability we shall see what we create. Interestingly enough we have a local Polar Express so hopefully our kid's can share their work with the community. Anyhow I want to post more art work but some of my favorites were not loading correctly. bummer. Some Apple Fanatics say that if I ONLY HAD A MAC... I would not suffer such computer or software related glitches. It seems all Apple heads and computer genius's are running macs or some other geek friendly thing-a-majigger. So I am sorry Apple Fans for not joining your team. It is my loss from what you've told me repeatedly.

Okay what else is in the news. I'm cold! Oh you don't think that is news. Well a definite chill has hit the air and snow has fallen the last couple of days. The mountains peaks are getting white. Ice is forming on the puddles and slips and falls are in season. I like snow... I really do. I also like not heating my car up for 1/2 hour in the morning. That really makes me love my commute to school. It is also nice when you run out of stamps and is 10 minutes before five. It only takes a couple of minutes to drive to the post office and they are ready to help. Whew! WeatherBug is the only online weather service that actually gives our local weather. Some do a town 2 hours away. Right now it is 31.4°F with a High of 44°F and a low of 27°F. It could be worse and apparently will get worse. Well that's okay Mom sent my duck-hunting jacket today. I should be fine!

If I sound grumpy today well that could have something to do with a very brief weekend and well feeling a tad overwhelmed. January should be slow right??? I will have to head south in January. South being the opposite end of the state or my neighboring state. Unfortunately not like South of the Border in Tropical Waters. My toes are in front of the heater and I am just calling the woodsman to refresh his memory about firewood. hmmm he says he be up here next week (probably). He did add a few words to his vocabulary since I last spoke to him. For example (probably, up,there,next,week) AAAACKK next week. sigh... BRING ON THE FIREWOOD DUDE!!! I think of the cold then think of some of these kids who don't have warm clothes. I can't stand it! Well...I am glad I didn't dispose of my scarf collection. Hmmmm I should make some scarves! That's a good plan okay ttfn
ME

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of "if you only had a MAC"....I had Mac-N-Cheese tonight and it was fantastic. Homemade Betty Crocker Mac-N-Cheese, yummers. Wow, I was feeling bad that it snowed a bit and
    then hailed but it's definitely warmer here in my neck of the woods. Break out the winter hats and scarves!! What is the ghost train????
    KDG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mac and Cheese on a cold night! The Ghost Train is a local train that they "dress up" for Halloween. THen they take you on a 2 hour ride w/ a narration of Horrifying Halloween events occuring along side of the tracks. They really did a great job the Headless Horseman was my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete