A teacher told me lately that sometimes she doesn't want to be famous. We were talking about small town life. There are some days you don't want to go to the grocery store and be famous. It is impossible to run to the store and NOT see someone you know or one of your students... and some days you just don't want to be famous. I thought that was a great way to describe how that quick visit to any store in town but mostly the grocery store can sometimes feel. I try not to chat with people I know at the grocery store. I say a quick hi and keep shopping because maybe.. just maybe.. they don't feel like being famous either.
I had a great trip this weekend drove into a bigger city on this lovely four day weekend. It was such a treat to get out of town. Not only that it was very refreshing to have a change of scenery. I not only got to see "old" friends but "old" family. I really had a great time. I got to hear some live music which I always find fun. I think in the winter I get stuck in my rut. So I was very glad the weather warmed up a bit and it made it possible to get out of town. The drive was beautiful with all the snow on the mountains. I felt like I was chasing the setting sun. The sunsets on the way there were beautiful. On the way home I was watching the moon rise in the sky and watching the fading sunlight reflect on the snow. It was also a beautiful drive.
So this week I can start refreshed and ready to go again. Hurray!!! I am starting to prepare the students for our Patriotic Program coming up next Month. YIKESERONI... there just isn't enough time to do it all!! I can't believe there are only 5 months left of school... it has flown by. Anyhow Tomorrow is monday so I am off to bed. G'nite ( I hope to post some pix soon)
No comments:
Post a Comment