April 15, 2011
At the Ranch
This is one of the neatest places I have every visited. I wish everyone could see it with me. Just when you think you have seen the middle of nowhere you are proven wrong. When we left town it seemed like your typical trip around here long endless roads lined with sagebrush up over some mountains back down to another long straight stretch. We turned off onto a gravel road. Gravel roads in this state are different. The make up of the rock is different it feels well different. I will dwell on that later. So down a long windy gravel road we went. We came to the top of a hill and we looked down into this canyon, a few switchbacks later we were at the bottom enclosed in a beautiful valley. This is one of the former hide-outs of Billy The Kid. There are old log structures including a one room school house, long abandoned farming equipment, llamas, horses, chickens, and some wild turkeys. A long stream running through the middle of the valley and rocky, sagebrush covered, sparsly treed hills. If you don't like any of those things welll you probably wouldn't like it here. I am telling you though this is one of the most unique places I have ever visited. Unique in a cool way. We are staying at the lodge and have pretty much taken it over. Billy the Kid chose it because they had difficulty finding him here. We chose it because it is a peaceful place to dwell and work on our projects. The owners sold part of the Valley to a company that runs a Youth ranch for "problem" children. Anyhow I haven't had a chance to take many pix yet but I will try to load a few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment