The good ole days was back when I moved in and I had NO Neighbors. Now my neighbors are very nice and they were good to me when I was sick. The problem is one of them works nights and sleeps days. Which is lucky for him because I'm gone all day. Not so lucky for me because he's up all night. I have my white noise machine going. I may have to plug a fan in too. His night off is during the week which is especially obnoxious. He gets a lot accomplished on that night and I get to hear it all. I am an extremely light sleeper. Which is no fun at all. I don't reccomend it. I am going to try plugging in a fan at night as well. It makes the room cold but I will plug in another heater or turn on my mattress pad. All I know for sure is nights with no sleep makes for a Grumpy Teacher. There are enough of those roaming around here I don't need to join their ranks.
It snowed in the night. Woke up to a skiff of snow. It sure made everything quite pretty. Our hills were just beginning to get a hint of green too them. A barely noticeable tinge of green. It made me optimistic about spring. I have been told many times though there are two seasons here. Winter and Summer. We did have an extraordinairily nice, long, fall. So I don't think I will complain about this spring weather. It seems like it gets warmer later in the day anyway.
I have a guest coming to teach our students about recycling the end of this week. It is new to this town the concept of recycling. They still arn't advanced enough to have curb-side pickup. However, where you take it is very close. I think this is going to take quite a bit of time to catch on around here. This town does not like change of any kind. Even if it is something that makes sense. Anyhow.... I'd better boogie.... sleep isn't over-rated... it isn't quite as high as breathing on the scale... but still it's way up there.....
Good Day to ya
No comments:
Post a Comment