April 4, 2011

Monday Schmunday

So it isn't my favorite day of the week. I'm never prepared for Monday. Last week was very stressful. There was in-fighting amongst colleagues. Some trying to stay in control, some trying to claim fiction as fact,etc. Power struggle extraordinaire. I was Switzerland which ends up a very bad place to be in a power sandwich. I asked to be moved to another committee or be moved to another task. I was told that I should work it out. So I decided that I am going to show up and speak little. I am not administration and so I cannot tell my colleagues what they should be doing. Nor do I want to. I just want to get out of the sandwich. Sighhh. So we have another meeting today. We've been assigned these meetings and since no one is held accountable or holds themselves accountable it is one big FARCE!!! I am sooo done with it. So I'll get back to you on how the meeting goes...! I guess a nap during the meeting would accomplish as much as the meeting. Hmmmm there is an idea haha

Speaking of napping last week I walked in on a colleague sound asleep at their desk. I interrupted a beautiful nap. I wonder why they have so little to do they can nap in the middle of the work day.

Classical music and writing go hand in hand. It has made for enjoyable group sessions for me. I was amazed to see how much some students could write. It also made for some peaceful time for their teacher. It was quiet, relaxing, and the students were accomplishing something. I realize with these long days at school I come to really value those quiet moments. I also think some of my students rarely get that quiet time as well. It really soothes and calms them. It doesn't work in the large groups as well, the temptation to talk is just too overwhelming. However in my small groups it is perfect.

Does anyone remember the Disney Movie called "The Gnome-Mobile" I haven't seen it in a long time. My neighbor was the first to show it to me. I am not sure if I was more fascinated by the idea of the teeny tiny people or the Redwoods in which it was filmed. I don't know what made me think of it... perhaps the new movie Gnomeo & Juliet. Which has those garden variety Gnomes. Nothing like the Gnomes in the Gnome-Mobile. When thinking of it I also wonder what happened to Disney Movies. They've lost their "wonder" in many ways. Anyhow, watch "The Gnome-Mobile" with your little munchkins. It is cute.

Do all teachers a Favor. Give your Fourth Grade student Deodorant. Please! I am begging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment