June 25, 2011

Moving ...Again..... Yippeee

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the change and the new job part of moving. It is the actual moving process that is uggghhhhh! Every time I move I think I will do better this time, pack better, get rid of more, etc etc. I did get rid of a lot my garbage-can will attest to that and I gave some stuff to put in a friends yard sale and I have a lot more to donate. The fact is though... by the time you are near the "end" of packing you just don't care anymore. You throw it in a box and say I will go through that after I move (sometime in the next millennium)So it goes. I do know that I have gotten rid of a lot even though as we pack the dreaded (U-haul) It doesn't feel like much. If I were better about throwing one thing out as I brought one thing in :) that might help. I have some wonderful friends I made here that came and helped move the PIANO and move the heavy stuff onto the u-haul. Too bad I can't throw them in the back with my stuff to help us unload on the other end. They also made us dinner tonight so we didn't have to. That was fantastic. Saved us. Dad got to watch their 3-D TV for a bit which he found very exciting. They were watching an undersea exploration. Probably the only way he can experience the ocean without getting sea sick. So that was fun.

Dad and Mom scored this mothers and fathers day with brand new KINDLE's.Kindle, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers So that helped ease the pain of moving maybe a tad bit. I helped Dad download free Zane Grey books So he is happily reading that while mom reads some mystery thriller. I don't know why I am so surprised how much they love their Kindle's but they really really do. I didn't think they would adapt to the technology, but they have. I know I love mine.. but it is fun to watch them enjoy theirs. You can even upload the BIBLE King James Version. I haven't tried that yet but I will have to see how it works. Anyhow I really need to go shower and hit the sack. One more day of packing... woot woot. Followed by a day of errands... followed by a day of traveling and unpacking....followed by traveling.... followed by quality time with a pillow. Sleep is good.

Today was supposed to get up to 87 I don't know if it did the morning started out miserably hot. Then a breeze came through and even if it was 87 it did not feel like it. Very pleasant. Tomorrow is supposed to get up to 84 with some breezes. So this will be good. So new opportunities ahead, more learning, it is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment