You know when you have one of those days where you've done, seen, and heard so much it barely processes?? Well When I think about today and where I started and ended my day I can't believe it. I was a little sad to be leaving my last town. I made some good friends there. I learned so much from the town, students, etc. It was a little bittersweet. Knowing I have a job for next year helped overcome that. I would really really love to not have a U-haul in my future for a couple of years at least. I want to be settled in for a bit.
I was able to visit my new job site and see my future classroom. It was bigger than I expected the school has a gym, locker rooms, weight room, computer labs, home economics room, library, a mini-cafeteria, and office. I was surprised by the size. I met 2 of my future colleagues, the school janitor, a school board member, the volley ball coach, and many others. I was able to start to see some of the challenges associated with this new job. If I can maintain the students as my priority I will do great. I realized I desperately need a classroom library. I will be doing some shopping while back home and some garage sales as well.
Loading and unloading a U-haul uggh. It is not fun. Despite getting rid of sooo much I still have sooo much. I told mom I can't get anything new unless I get rid of 10 other things :). It is downsized from my last move so there was progress but it isn't easy. Now I just have to hope they find me a wonderful mice free, smoke free, safe, and warm place to rest my head.
What do you need a classroom library for? What kind of books are in it?
ReplyDeleteYou have a classroom Library so the students have something to read at their grade level. Also Most schools don't have enough books for each grade level or they are already checked out. Teachers can also have students reading books w/o going to the library. In many schools now if there is a librarian, they are often working very few hours and students aren't allowed to check out books w/o one. So there are a lot of reasons why we have classroom libraries
ReplyDelete