September 1, 2011

Obfuscate

Ahhh... week 1! The week that I knew would go by quickly, but at moments thought would never end. We ended today with recess up in the grassy area surrounded by the track. The grass is well watered and pretty enjoyable for the kids to run around on. We will be heading up there again. I have some work to do this weekend to re-re-re-re-re-plan the plan :)! Everyday I learn a little more. I didn't think it would be easy but it got a bit overwhelming realizing the amount I am teaching. This week we had a couple absentee children. I am told they are in and out of school. However, they are supposed to be back next week. It will be interesting to see how this impacts the dynamics of the classroom. I have to spend some time this weekend working at school and planning. I need to get more familiar with some of the curriculum. We managed to get some of our sign ins for assessments so we were able to assess some students this week. We still can't log in to our computers, and our brand new ones are still in boxes, but hey progress counts. My name is even up in the lobby now. I feel official! This summer I discovered a British Mystery Television Show. I like the British Mysteries... for some reason... maybe it is a little less gory. They use words like "Obfuscate" which challenges my brain a bit and I have to go look it up. Obfuscate means to muddle or cloud. The opposite would be to clarify. Anyhow, so tonight I am rewarding myself with the show "Midsomer Murders".

No comments:

Post a Comment