December 14, 2011

Christmas Program....

IT all seems to come together in the end. Even when my brain quit working :). It is always interesting to see how the kids react to the crowd. One of our kindergartners kept talking. "There's my mom".... " Hey I see your mom!" There was a couple of times that I got the giggles because of the kids reactions. Everyone remembered their lines... a couple of pauses while they thought about it... but they remembered. Our classroom Drama major had stage fright. How that happened I don't understand. They all did well and they all showed up. Then we loaded them up with cookies and hot chocolate and sent them home. Revenge for Halloween wa ha ha ha (sinister laugh)! hee hee. At the end of the school day I told them they needed to go home so I could get my patience back. It was GONE! Vacations are for Teachers not for kids. I had a lot of compliments on my Foyer Decor. The faux fireplace and lunch counter turned into a gingerbread house. If you know me you know you can give me some colored paper, tape, a marker, and cardboard then wait for the creative juices to flow. Tonight was a welcome ending to a difficult week. It left an absolutely nutty week on a high note.

Santa came out at the end of the program to hear students Christmas wish lists. Santa was wearing SNEAKERS! UH OH... The kids asked me and I said. Well Reindeer they poop a lot. Santa got it alllllll over his boots and they were really stinking. So we had to find him a pair of sneakers really quick. OH THE LIES we tell at Christmas. I also told the kids today that Santa has a direct line to teachers. He calls and checks in with teachers not his elves. HEE HEE. HEY It worked!... Now I am off to sleeeeep

No comments:

Post a Comment