Okay the day of the Christmas party one expects barely controlled chaos. I had this brilliant idea to make Salt Dough Candy Canes. The problem with delegating is sometimes it doesn't work as planned. Sometimes the dough gets too dried out and barely sticks together. Sigghhh. The kids still liked it. Many of them acted as though playing with dough was a completely foreign concept. Siggh. Our local Deputy and his fiance came in to hang out with the kids and help out. Thank goodness. We needed a lot of help. We had only 1 student in tears over the gift they got. WAAAAAAAA... even after the conversation about "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit"!! Sigh.... Then there was a Koolaide spill.... sigh....
It has been a rough week at school and it is only Tuesday. A staff member lost their child to suicide. This person was the uncle of one of my students. There's just not the words.... Their family is in my thoughts.
Tonight is the Town Nativity. I drove by earlier and saw a LIVE Donkey and a couple of horses. A few of my students are angels... and I know at least 1 of the High School students is participating. So I am going to go and watch that this evening. Live animals..... seriously.... it is like out of a movie or something. :) I will take a lot of photos...
No comments:
Post a Comment