December 18, 2011

The question..

The unintended and sometime intended question is "WHY ARE YOU TEACHING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE." A lot of people think because of the economy there was a lack of choice. This in part is true. However, when I applied for jobs I looked for a job.. "in the middle of nowhere." Then when I come up north for a visit. I am even more glad I took the job. I feel really, really, lucky. For the most part the people I have around me are really quality people, with great family values. I am away from the "drama" and don't have to be around people who are making poor choices. It is terrible watching people on a collision course with disaster. You want to yell "STOP... can't you seen you're running in front of a train?". Eventually the train is going to catch you. I have learned the hard way to cut the chaff. Sometimes I have probably been the chaff.

So why am I teaching in the middle of nowhere. Come visit me, meet my students, and you'd never ask again.

No comments:

Post a Comment