So I had my evaluation last week which did NOT include a formal observation. Quite confusing actually we just sat and chatted about goals, resources, and next year. I don't know how I did on the actual evaluation because I have not received it yet. It is so backwards of any evaluation I've had before I really don't know what to expect from my written evaluation. No criticism, constructive or otherwise was given. No recommendations were made, no advice, no strategies shared. Can you see why that is confusing. It was a non-evaluatory evaluation. So I guess I will have to wait for the formal written one to see what my principal is really feeling about my job performance.
I had to drive up north for a data team training at our district office. Our principal hasn't really had us do data teams for whatever reason. However, we still have to go to the meetings. I decided to go to that one so I could sit in with another team and learn about what they were doing. It was good because it was almost like collaboration time and I learned a little more than I expected. It was a long night though and I got home late. The bonus was that I could stay in my pajamas a little longer the next day
I went down to the school to work on some projects I had been wanting to get done. I didn't complete them but I made a lot of progress. When I got home I saw that my predecessor was meeting with our happily-unhappy janitor. OH BOY I thought to myself. They make Eeyore look cheerful and upbeat. I knew that would kick off some drama. It reminded me my mom tells me all the time that "water settles at the same level". Think about the people you like to spend time with, and what their character is like, because water settles at the same level. You don't want to be settling with some stinky shallow water.
Today, two of the classes got together and did a dinner and Bingo night. I had the dinner just to support it and no other teacher came. I gave a family that has a student in my class some cash to play Bingo on my behalf. I didn't have the patience to wait for I-39 :)! I did get a little bit done before helping them find everything they needed for Bingo. The janitor hides stuff all the time, I don't really know why, so we often have to search for everything needed before an event. She has some really weird passive-aggressive things she does. She threatened the little kids with using their toothbrushes to clean toilets. I just found that out today. Uggh. Anyhow
I'm drinking a cup of tea and catching up on NCIS one of my favorite shows. It is good to be relaxed. What is even better is I am finally feeling well again. I forgot how much I could do when I was at full capacity. I have been in survival mode for awhile. I ran to the dump today and a couple miles down the road I came across a black lab. I thought, well I will see if he is still there when I come back from the dump. He actually tried to follow me to the dump. I stopped the car pulled out a bottled water and game him a drink I could tell he'd been running while. He was a very sweet dog. I loaded him up and stopped at school to see if anyone recognized him. They didn't so the janitor took him because she had a kennel. That was surprisingly nice. I stopped at the gas station and a local was in there so I asked if anyone had lost their dog. Yep it was his dad's so they were reunited. He had taken the dog on a six mile run and then the dog ran off again. He'd run a few more miles after that so I bet the dog has a long sleep tonight. Sometimes people dump their dogs or animals out there so I took a chance on it. He just looked a little to loved to be a homeless dog.
I am looking forward to spring break. One more week and I'm off! They are installing a fire alarm and re-doing all of our drywall over the break. So next week we are moving everything in my room so they can do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment