Had a great break got a little sun, saw some friends, and had an overall change of scenery. It made it a little easier to come back. I came back to the mess I was expecting. They did work over the break and so I just made it work today. We had snow last night and the wind was blustery today. It made it a little chilly. I took the kids out for recess and even though it was chilly it was good to get some fresh air. I was feeling pretty negative and down before the break. Some friends told me where you are "abnormal is the norm". That is very true. I keep expecting normal someplace that isn't ever going to be. I also realized I just need to set aside my pride not worry about unkindness and just keep moving forward. I think it is a huge help that I am feeling almost healthy again. I can breath again. If you know someone with lung problems have patience. I had no idea how much that would drag you down.
The secretary told me today "the kids love you, you know that?". I do but sometimes I kind of forget. They were all pretty cute at lunch time we were discussing the musical we went to, and were singing songs, and really demanding my attention. They were on a roll this afternoon with behavior on the negative side. Since our classroom is not back in order yet I realized it was the close quarters getting to them. They just had a little too much "togetherness"! We got quite a bit put back today and the high school boy's are going to help me in the morning move the heavy stuff. The work they had scheduled to get done over the break was not finished. They only sent a couple of people so with all that needed to be done I think they did pretty well. I don't know if they will be back or just wait until summer. I am hoping they wait till summer the moving is not so much fun!
I am thinking back over my break and I am really glad I got to spend some quality time with so many good people. In a couple of weeks we are having another coyote roundup and the saloon is opening. I am making my getaway plans for that event. It will be the last of it's sort for the year. Spring is here and I know it despite the snow for a few reasons,
1. out on the playground I hear the meadowlark singing to us
2. The "tourists are traveling through with more frequency"
3. the "stoolies" are hanging outside more
4. Sun, snow, hail, sun, snow, hail, all in 1 hour
5. Motorcycles are driving through
6. There is a hint of green peeking through the brown
7. the bugs are back in town
There is probably more but that is all I can think of.
No comments:
Post a Comment