I went and picked up my Bountiful Basket today. It was full of interesting things and so of course I had to decide what I wanted to cook up this weekend. I found this Gluten Free Crock-pot Beef Stew and decided to give it a try. I am just not sure about the Worcestershire Sauce. It has some less than desirable ingredients in it. When I decided I was cooking today every recipe called for an ingredient I did not have so I ran to the grocery store. What a privilege to have one so near by. I also picked up some ingredients for a different lentil soup recipe than I usually make and this Gluten Free Banana Bread. I'll let you know how these cooking experiments turn out. The first one I started cooking today was the beef stew. I've been cutting, chopping, and tossing into the crock-pot. It had better not disappoint.
The grocery store is always an adventure as a teacher in a small town. You know you are going to run into a student or two, a parent, etc. There are days when you would rather be anonymous and just run in and out. I am trying to get some laundry done and PUT AWAY. It is the second part of that equation I've been struggling with lately. It seems as though I am feeling perkier today. I am hoping this means I am on the down-side of the cold/allergy whatever it is making me tired. The last two nights I slept and last night without Nyquil.
I also got to hang out with an old friend for awhile today which is always fun. I need to get to work on my online class. G'day to ya
No comments:
Post a Comment